Sep 19, 2010

Cloth diapering and upcoming events

We have decided to start cloth diapering. Why all of the sudden? Why not? We're more comfortable as parents now, we don't care about poop so much anymore and we like to save money!!! Not to mention they are so freakin soft and cute. Carter has no complaints so far. We only have enough for one day at a time right now, so we (who are we kidding, I) will be doing a load of laundry each night until we can get some more. Unfortunately there are NO stores around us that carry cloth diapers. We have to drive to Manhattan, Wichita, Topeka, Lawrence, or Kansas City to get any. Ordering online is a pain in the behind because most stores sell them for a lot of money and then they charge you a bunch of shipping on top of that so... needless to say I'm impatiently waiting until I can order more. I would like to just do the laundry every other day. I don't know why I'm excited about it, I guess because I feel like I'm doing something good for Carter.

Now for the upcoming events, we are selling our house! It's officially been on the market for one week now, we've had one open house (today as a matter of fact) and according to our Realtor we had 10 groups of people come through with two couples interested. Hopefully she's telling the truth and not just feeding us info she thinks we want to hear! We still don't know where exactly we're moving to, just somewhere closer to our family and in a better place for Carter to grow up. That being said we don't know where we'll be for Carter's birthday so we don't even know when we're having a party for him. We are getting his one year old pictures done in a few weeks and plan on doing some ourselves with pumpkins and what not. Hopefully they'll turn out ok.

That's all for now!

1 comment: