Dec 9, 2010

Tshirt Scarfs

I have been making some more Christmas presents. So if some of my family is actually reading this blog, then some of you will know what you're getting for Christmas if you keep reading!(As if the title didn't give it away!)

I took some old t shirts that were relatively matchy in color and  cut off the sleeves and collar. 



I cut the sleeves in half, matched them up and sewed each block together.

Then I folded the entire scarf in half lenthgwise and sewed it together to make the scarf. (Don't sew up the ends!)


Then I turned it inside out and sewed up the ends and viola a finished scarf!
I actually made two out of these four shirts (they were mens XL) and one other scarf in a maroonish theme for a friend.  I did wash and dry the scarf after sewing and then ironed out some of the kinks. But I think it turned out ok.

I've got some more projects for Xmas gifts to do, but they'll have to wait until next Monday. We're going city window shopping this weekend! Trying to decide which town we want to live in around Lawrence. 


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment